Here are the main steps to receive your DGPP pension.
IMPORTANT: If you are an employee, when you've made your decision and set your retirement date, you must take several other actions. For example, you need to find out about group
insurance coverage, indicate
your retirement date and submit your timesheets in Workday, etc. Go to the Retirement page of the HR Zone to find out more (this page is only accessible when you are connected to the Desjardins network).
• List your possible sources of income:
• Evaluate possible retirement dates.
• Estimate your DGPP income using the retirement simulator in your secure file and assess the different options. If necessary, call Member Services who will assist you and provide you with all explanations you need.
• Up to 3 months before your retirement date, send your official retirement request to the DGPP using your secure file. Fill in the required information: your last day of work, your spouse's information if applicable and your contact information.
The documents will be deposited in your secure file. If you wish to receive a printed copy of your document by mail, please let us know in the « Comments » section.
Warning: To avoid delays in your pension payment, it is important that the date entered in the retirement request and the one in the pay system are matching. For instance, you take a vacation before retiring, the employment end date is at the end of your vacation.
Receipt of the retirement documents
Your documents will be deposited in your secure file approximately 6 weeks after you have requested them (in the month of your retirement if you are a former employee with a deferred pension). You will receive a notification by email when they are available.
• Print and fill out the documents by indicating, among other things, the type of pension you choose and keep a copy for your file. The original documents are not required. Please note that your documents must be received by Desjardins Financial Security within 90 days following the reception of the statement.
Start of payments
The pension payments will be made retroactively to your retirement date approximately 5 weeks following your date of retirement, subject to:
- receipt of your duly completed documents,
- obtainment of the final data from the payroll department confirming your retirement date, and
- validation of the contributions paid out for your participation.
Your pension will be paid monthly on the date that you retired (except for the 29 up to the 31, for those dates the payment will be made on the 28 of each month). If the payment falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a statutory holiday, it will be made on the previous Friday or on the previous business day.
• If you would like to change the amount of tax withheld, you can make a request in your secure file or call Member Services.
You will receive, in December of each year, a letter notifying you of the percentage of pension indexation for the following year, if any, and the new amounts that will be payable before and after applicable taxes.